Monday, June 14, 2010

Norlands

June 11-13, 2010

Norlands!! This is a nice event. We did not have as much of a Confederate showing as we did last year, but this is a decent site and the people are definitely grateful for our help in raising money for the barn. We saw that they have started purchasing the lumber for the structure and someone mentioned that they are going to start raising the barn later this summer. I hope so, I cannot wait to see it finished.



Here is Al and his advance team going for the Federals.


Here are the Federals firing back.


Okay, is it just me or is someone pushing the kid bearing the flag out in front?! I did not notice that until I downloaded the photos to my computer. WTH?!


Here is the fashion show presented by some of the civilian ladies. Sara was in it!


Oh, that's right. My friend Sara joined the 15th Alabama not last summer, but the summer before, went to a Camp Pratt (where she nearly got hypothermia, typical), and then left to teach English in a foreign country. This was her first spectator encampment. I am so glad she liked it, too. She has made dresses and purchased equipment so it was a good thing she had fun.

The Norlands committee has already announced the dates for next year's re-enactment, however, I have misplaced them, it will be in June of next year, most likely the second weekend. I cannot wait to see them again.

No comments: