Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

July 4, 2010

Okay, this summer is making up for last season. Jeez, it is so hot!!!! Oh my gosh, it was so hot at this event that I swear if I had leg hair, it would have been singed under my dress from the heat of the road.

This is a huge parade, we had to wait an hour to be called. We just kind of sat in the shade of the school and waited. At least we got to see the parade because we were at the end. A lot of really nice cars, antique and custom. But man it was hot.

I only took a few photos because I had to carry our ID sign. Freaking huge poster board that someone handed us just before we were up to start walking. I guess we did not win a trophy this year. Oh well.


We made it to the end of the parade and just collapsed in the shade. It was so nice and to be honest, me and Sandy were hot, but we were worried about the guys most. And our worries were justified because as soon as we made it to our rendezvous site, they all stripped down to their shirts and pants and just lay there for a while. Dave came over to me ("Come here, Baby.") and gave me a big, wet, sweaty hug. Yep, that's my man. But we did get food from the event coordinators. I have to admit, they were very good to us. And luckily, there are buses that take us back to where our cars are parked.

Next event Ft. Knox!

No comments: