Sunday, July 8, 2007

What's up with the truck?

You're probably wondering that, right? Well, shortly after we started dating, I told Dave that I really liked his truck. In fact, I jokingly said that I was only dating him for his truck. Well, we were on spring break in '06 and he made out this holographic will bequeathing the truck to me upon his demise. For those who don't know, a holographic will is a document, dispersing your estate post-mortem (essentially a will). You have to keep in mind not all states recognize a holographic will unless it is created in a jurisdiction that does recognize them. They also have to be almost entirely written in the hand of the testator (the dead person). There are all sorts of requirements, but Dave did it anyway. Unfortunately, I can't "accidentally" bump him off because he put a clause in there that says I forfeit the bequest if I had anything to do with his death. Can you believe that?!

Anyway, when people ask me why I'm dating him (because he does get a little crazy sometimes), I just tell them "It's for the truck." He's a good guy to put up with me.

No comments: